Our counselling sessions are confidential and we place high value on the information you disclose, however from time to time there may be legal or ethical requirements that make it necessary for us to discuss information about your counselling with other professionals.
Such situations may include:
- We are legally required to report a serious and imminent threat to life, health, or property of yourself or any other significant other.
- We are legally obliged to report any suspected abuse of a person under the age of 18.
- If we are ordered by a court to release your records we are legally obliged to do so.
- Our professional obligation is to reflect on our practice in conjunction with a clinical supervisor. The focus of such discussions is on our work and not on your personal details, your identity will not be disclosed.
Therapia requires two full business days’ notice if you wish to change or cancel an appointment time. A missed appointment with less than 2 full working days will result in the full fee being applied. In these circumstances your credit card will be charged and the receipt mailed to you. We appreciate that unforeseen circumstances may arise; however Therapia cannot accept responsibility for these.
Relationship Recharge & Passion Prescription
These Programs are exclusive to Therapia. Couples participating in these programs will need to be highly motivated, committed & prepared to work towards change. The programs must be paid in full prior to commencement. Participation and appointment times will not be confirmed until full payment has been received.
We appreciate that unforeseen or extenuating circumstances may arise, however programs are non–refundable & Therapia cannot accept responsibility for the participating couples changing circumstances.
Appointments can be booked for 60 or 90 minutes Standard appointment times are between 9am – 3pm. For 90 minute sessions simply add $100 to the below stated fees.
|Service||50 min between 9am-3pm||50 min before 9am & after 3pm|
|Sexual Health Therapy||$275||$315|
|Corporate Coaching||by negotiation|
|Package of sessions||by negotiation|
Please note that Individual Psychology may be entitled to a rebate via Medicare or Your private Health Provider. A small number of bulk billed appointments may be available weekly, to access this service a non-refundable booking fee applies. Appointments will only be confirmed when we have a copy of your GP plan. Plans can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments before 9am and after 3pm are charged at our after-hours rate. Saturday appointments may be made available by negotiation with your Therapist these appointments are also charged at our after-hours rate. Please see above fee schedule
* All fees paid via credit card attract a 2.59% processing fee. Debit cards are charged at 2.20%.
* All bookings must be confirmed with a credit card. Your first appointment will be charged at the time of booking and a receipt emailed to you, all future appointments will be charged on the day of consultation, unless paid in advance.
* The following items are charged in 15 minute blocks as per our fee schedule above.
- Phone consultations between booked appointments
- Reading and responding to emails outside of scheduled appointments.
- Session preparation via the analysing of psychological testing documents
- Session planning for Therapia’s Relationship Recharge, Passion Prescription and Gottman Check-Up.
Therapists at Therapia are not available outside of consultation hours. Clients of Therapia are encouraged to discuss with their therapists the development and implementation of a safety/support plan if they feel they require support between consultations.
If you feel at immediate risk of hurting yourself or others please seek urgent assistance via an appointment with your GP, presenting to the nearest emergency room of any major hospital, or phoning the emergency mental health service on 13 14 65.
If you feel at immediate risk of being hurt by someone who is experiencing a mental health concern and may be violent/abusive, or who is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol please contact the police on 000 or 131 144.
Therapia cannot provide an emergency service to any member of the public with whom we do not have a past or present therapeutic relationship with.