Feeling stressed at work or going through a rough patch in your personal life is something everyone has experienced. Such issues have a detrimental effect on an employee’s mental health and subsequently impacts their morale and productivity.
How can an organisation help their employees?
In today’s environment, creating a healthy workplace is crucial to support and retain your employees. Apart from physical wellbeing, mental health is equally important. At Therapia Psychology, we are qualified and well-trained psychologists for workplace wellness counselling service in Adelaide.
Our counselling services are in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism. We are dedicated to creating a safe space for your employees to share their struggles. We keep every session strictly confidential.
Workplace counselling provides employees with resources to deal with personal or professional problems and move forward to a better mind space. It has also shown to improve productivity and lower absenteeism. If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call.
What Is Workplace Counseling?
Workplace counselling involves offering employees the services of trained counsellors and a safe space to express their concerns. This is typically short-term and solution-focused counselling to help employees deal with a wide range of issues they may be experiencing in their professional or personal lives.
Employees often feel stressed about deadlines and other demanding professional commitments. Moreover, there are a lot of issues in personal life such as family conflicts, health issues and marital problems that can take a toll on a person’s mental health. Counselling can help them identify the source of their stress and find healthy coping mechanisms.
The ripple effect of an employee’s poor mental and emotional health extends to the organisation. You will notice a dip in overall productivity and employee morale. Furthermore, neglecting mental health can also lead to increased employee turnover.
Workplace counselling plays an important role in maintaining high-performance levels. Offering counselling at work can help organisations show that they care for their employees’ wellbeing. Contact us today for more information.
Benefits of Workplace Counselling
Workplace counselling promises several benefits for employees as well as organisations. Here are some ways Therapia Psychology can help you create a healthy and positive workplace with workplace counselling in Adelaide.
- Addressing problems and seeking counselling can be a nerve-wracking experience. Workplace counselling gives employees easy and affordable access to trained counsellors and psychologists.
- Workplace counselling offers employees a safe and comfortable space to express their concerns.
- Trained counsellors help employees identify issues and establish coping skills. Gaining a new perspective makes it possible to effectively resolve issues.
- Talking to a trained counsellor enables employees to gain better understanding of themselves and improve decision making.
- Easy access to workplace counselling can improve overall performance and morale.
- Organisations with workplace counselling have shown decreased absenteeism and turnover. This allows organisations to avoid the significant cost of hiring and training new employees.
- Workplace counselling gives organisations a tool to handle employees that are problematic or going through a tough time.
- Offering employees counselling at the workplace is a way to establish a deeper relationship. This shows them that you care about their overall well-being.